Friday, July 18, 2008

My experiences with the Greatmaster

LEARN FROM THE PAST.

I found the training gruelling, both physically and mentally, even in a way, somewhat frustrating. I found my Greatmaster's teaching, somehow, pushed me beyond my perceived limitations. When I thought I wasn't learning at all, in fact, I have reached a point where I have achieved more than what I thought I could do.

I always wanted to be an instructor, demanding as it is, but Greatmaster Yuli was even more demanding when it comes to perfection of motion, uderstanding of basics, and the practice of principles.

Greatmaster Yuli's input pulled me through when I lost faith that I would ever be a good teacher. Every moment of training was like having that faith tested to the hilt.

UNDERSTAND TODAY.

Yes. I am in a position to share the teachings I have received. All the blood, sweat, and tears are worth it.

EVOLVE TOMORROW.

The simplest thing I could do for my students is to guide them so that this ancestral art continues to evolve, as my Greatmaster so deeply desires.

No comments: